Ferrari Roma Spider: A Game-Changing Supercar Set to Debut in 2023
The long-awaited Ferrari Roma Spider is set to debut in March 2023, much to the delight of fans and supercar enthusiasts. With a teaser video released by the company, the car is shrouded in mystery, leaving many to speculate about what this new model will be. It appears that it could be an entirely new addition to Ferrari’s line-up, and we cannot wait to see what is in store.
The 3.9-liter turbocharged V8 engine provides a powerful 612 horsepower and 591 pound-feet of torque, allowing the Roma Spider to accelerate to 60 mph in just 3.3 seconds. For comparison, the hardtop version also hits 62 mph in 3.4 seconds and reaches 124 mph in 9.7 seconds, with a top speed over 199 mph (320 kph).
The convertible roof of the Ferrari Roma Spider can be opened in 13.5 seconds and can be operated at speeds of up to 60 kmph. Its electronically-operated soft-top retracts in 13.5 seconds; shaving half a second off the time of the Portofino’s metal roof – while driving at up to 60km/h.
Inside, the Roma Spider features an 8.4-inch vertical screen and a metal gear selector plate surrounded by luscious leather and faux-suede. The driver is provided with their own personal digital display, which displays the current status of the V8 engine. Ferrari has also added a 5-mm aerodynamic element to the top of the windshield and a wind deflector that pops up by rotating the backrest of the rear seats at the push of a button.
The new model is expected to roll into dealerships before the end of the year, with a starting MSRP of around $275,000 — based on the roughly $250,000 base price of the Roma Coupe.
To this day, the Ferrari Roma Spider is the first fabric-roofed open-top Ferrari since the F430 Spider of 2005 and the first front-engined soft-top since the 1969 Ferrari 365 GTS/4. It is sure to be a game-changer in the world of supercars, and we can’t wait to see what Ferrari has in store for us when it unveils its new model in March 2023.
0. “Ferrari Teases New Model Set for March 16 Release” Global Village space, 12 Mar. 2023, https://www.globalvillagespace.com/tech/ferrari-teases-new-model-set-for-march-16-release/
1. “Ferrari Roma Spider Debuts With A Fabric Roof And 612 HP” Motor1 , 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.motor1.com/news/657640/ferrari-roma-spider-debut
2. “Ferrari Brings Back the Soft Top on the 2024 Roma Spider” Car and Driver, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a43341483/2024-ferrari-roma-spider-revealed-details/
3. “Fetch the toupée glue: it's the new Ferrari Roma Spider” Top Gear, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.topgear.com/car-news/supercars/fetch-toupee-glue-its-new-ferrari-roma-spider
4. “Ferrari’s New Roma Spyder Is the Marque’s First Soft-Top Convertible in Over 50 Years” Robb Report, 17 Mar. 2023, https://robbreport.com/motors/cars/ferrari-unveils-roma-spyder-soft-top-convertible-1234819772/
5. “Ferrari Unveils a Spider Version Of Its 2024 Roma Supercar” HICONSUMPTION, 17 Mar. 2023, https://hiconsumption.com/2024-ferrari-roma-spider/