Ferrari Roma Spider: An Exciting New Model Set to Debut in 2023
Ferrari has generated quite a bit of excitement amongst fans and enthusiasts with their announcement of a new model set to debut in March 2023. While details of the car remain scarce, the teaser video released by the company has given us a sneak peek at what we can expect. With speculation that the new model could be an evolution of an existing model or an entirely new addition to Ferrari’s line-up, it is sure to be a game-changer in the world of supercars.
The upcoming vehicle is powered by an engine belonging to the V8 turbo family, named the “International Engine of the Year” for four consecutive years and also voted “Best Engine of the Last 20 Years” in 2018. This 3,855 cc engine can produce a powerful 620 cv at 7,500 rpm, which converts to 161 cv per liter. It also provides a great deal of low-end pick-up due to 80% of its torque being accessible at only 1,900 rpm. It also has a twin-turbo 3.9-liter V8 that makes 612 horsepower (456 kilowatts) between 5,750 and 7,500 rpm, and 561 pound-feet (760 Newton-meters) of torque from 3,000 to 5,750 rpm. The powerplant’s redline is at 7,500 rpm, and it only has a dual-clutch, eight-speed automatic gearbox.
This is Ferrari’s first front-engine soft top since 1969, and the first fabric-roofed open-top Ferrari since the F430 Spider of 2005. Ferrari states that the Roma Spider, despite its increased weight, can still manage to go from 0 to 62mph in 3.4 seconds and has a top speed that surpasses 199mph, being the same as the coupe. It weighs 185.2 pounds (84 kilograms) more than the hardtop model, due to the addition of the roof-opening system and the power wind deflector.
The Ferrari Roma Spider has a revised interior with the same concept of two separate “cockpits” for the driver and passenger, as well as an active rear spoiler that is designed to extend and retract in a calibrated way specific to the spider as a function of the car's speed.
0. “Ferrari Teases New Model Set for March 16 Release” Global Village space, 12 Mar. 2023, https://www.globalvillagespace.com/tech/ferrari-teases-new-model-set-for-march-16-release/
1. “Ferrari previews a mysterious new model due out on March 16” Autoblog, 10 Mar. 2023, https://www.autoblog.com/2023/03/10/ferrari-teaser-new-model-march-16-reveal/
2. “The Ferrari Roma Spider Is A Timelessly Elegant and High-Performance Car – stupidDOPE.com” stupidDOPE.com, 17 Mar. 2023, https://stupiddope.com/2023/03/the-ferrari-roma-spider-is-a-timelessly-elegant-and-high-performance-car/
3. “Ferrari Roma Spider: La Nuova Dolce Vita – a New Story Begins” Benzinga, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.benzinga.com/pressreleases/23/03/w31392169/ferrari-roma-spider-la-nuova-dolce-vita-a-new-story-begins
4. “The Ferrari Roma Spider is finally here with a retractable fabric soft top and 612 horsepower – Luxurylaunches” Luxurylaunches, 17 Mar. 2023, https://luxurylaunches.com/transport/2023-ferrari-roma-spider.php
5. “Ferrari Roma Spider Debuts With A Fabric Roof And 612 HP” Motor1 , 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.motor1.com/news/657640/ferrari-roma-spider-debut
6. “The Latest Ferrari is One of the Fastest Convertibles You Can Buy” MotorBiscuit, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.motorbiscuit.com/latest-ferrari-fastest-convertible
7. “In pics: Ferrari Roma Spider debuts with 610 bhp” HT Auto, 17 Mar. 2023, https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto/photos/in-pics-ferrari-roma-spider-debuts-with-610-bhp-41679036967705.html
8. “The Ferrari Roma Spider Makes Its Convertible Debut” Boss Hunting, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.bosshunting.com.au/motors/cars/ferrari-roma-spider-convertible/