iPhone 15 Pro & Pro Max: Thinnest Smartphones Yet with USB-C & Wi-Fi 6E
Apple's upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and Pro Max devices could be the thinnest smartphones yet, with a rumored bezel width of just 1.55mm. This would beat the current record held by the Xiaomi 13, which has a bezel of 1.81mm. The iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max are expected to feature new features such as solid-state buttons with haptic feedback, a titanium frame, increased RAM, and a USB-C port.
The iPhone 15 series is set to replace the traditional Lightning port with a USB-C port and will also include Apple's A17 Bionic chip and WiFi 6E connectivity. It is expected that the Pro series models will get a deeper curve to the handset’s edges and a transition to a titanium material instead of stainless steel.
Apple is also expected to limit its display features — Always-On and ProMotion — to the upcoming iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max smartphone models. The iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max will likely include new features such as solid-state buttons with haptic feedback, a titanium frame, and increased RAM. It is also rumoured that the iPhone maker will bring support for Wi-Fi 6E network to only iPhone 15 Pro models.
Past rumors have also claimed that the Pro series models could feature rounder edges and more curved front glass, leading to a seamless transition between the glass and the frame. However, the design changes might leave the new iPhone 15 series incompatible with the current iPhone 14 series cases.
Recent iPhone 15 dummy leaks have suggested that the phone will feature super-thin bezels, curved edges (where the display will remain flat), and a larger camera bump. This rumor is consistent with these leaks. It is increasingly clear that Apple is aiming to make its upcoming phone models more aesthetically pleasing by altering the design more than in the previous two generations.
The tech giant is also expected to increase the price tags on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max, which would be the first price hike for Apple’s top-end handsets since the iPhone X debuted in 2017. Apple users can also look forward to iOS 17 which will add some massive changes to comply with new EU rules, as well as USB Type-C to comply with EU regulations.
0. “iPhone 15 Pro Max may have the thinnest bezels of any smartphone ever” BGR, 17 Mar. 2023, https://bgr.com/tech/iphone-15-pro-max-may-have-the-thinnest-bezels-of-any-smartphone-ever
1. “iPhone 15 Pro Max May Set Record for Thinnest Bezels Ever on a Smartphone” Mactrast, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.mactrast.com/2023/03/iphone-15-pro-max-may-set-record-for-thinnest-bezels-ever-on-a-smartphone/
2. “Ice Universe: the iPhone 15 Pro Max will set a new benchmark for thin bezels – GSMArena.com news” GSMArena.com, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.gsmarena.com/ice_universe_the_iphone_15_pro_max_will_set_a_new_benchmark_for_thin_bezels-news-57938.php
3. “Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max To Come With World's Thinnest Screen Bezels: Report” News18, 19 Mar. 2023, https://www.news18.com/tech/apple-iphone-15-pro-max-to-come-with-worlds-thinnest-screen-bezels-report-7329643.html
4. “iPhone 15 Pro Max might have the thinnest bezels of all phones” Neowin, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.neowin.net/news/iphone-15-pro-max-might-have-the-thinnest-bezels-of-all-phones
5. “Rumor has it the iPhone 15 will have the thinnest bezels ever on a phone” PhoneArena, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.phonearena.com/news/Rumor-has-it-the-iPhone-15-will-have-the-thinnest-bezels-ever-on-a-phone_id146278
6. “iPhone 15 Pro Max display rumor could leave rivals in its dust” Tom's Guide, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.tomsguide.com/news/iphone-15-pro-max-display-rumor-could-leave-rivals-in-its-dust
7. “iPhone 15 Pro Max to bring the world’s thinnest bezels” Gizchina.com, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.gizchina.com/2023/03/17/iphone-15-pro-max-to-bring-the-worlds-thinnest-bezels/