Experience the World of Classical Music with Apple Music Classical
Apple Music has announced the launch of its brand new standalone app dedicated to classical music – Apple Music Classical. The app is set to be available on March 28th, and Apple Music subscribers can pre-order it now at no additional cost.
Apple Music Classical will offer access to the world’s largest classical music catalogue, with over five million tracks in the highest audio quality (up to 192 kHz/24 bit Hi-Res Lossless), thousands of recordings in immersive spatial audio, and numerous exclusive albums. The app also makes it easy for beginners to get acquainted with the genre, featuring hundreds of Essentials playlists, insightful composer biographies, deep-dive guides for many key works, and intuitive browsing features.
The app is available worldwide where Apple Music is offered, with the exception of China, Japan, Korea, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. It requires an Apple Music subscription (Individual, Student, Family, or Apple One) and will not be available with the Apple Music Voice Plan.
Apple Music Classical also offers thousands of editorial notes including composer biographies, descriptions of key works, and more. Additionally, the company has commissioned unique artwork of famous artists for Apple Music Classical using color palettes and artistic references from the relevant classical period, as well as working with some of the most prolific classical music artists and renowned classical music institutions in the world to offer Apple Music Classical listeners new, unique and exclusive content and recordings.
Apple Music Classical will offer up to 192 kHz/24-bit hi-res lossless, and thousands of recordings in spatial audio, on top of the five million-plus recordings available in 192 kHz/24-bit Hi-Res Lossless. The app also features complete and accurate metadata to make sure you know exactly what work and which artist is playing.
Apple Music Classical is the perfect way to experience classical music, with its hundreds of curated playlists, thousands of exclusive albums, insightful composer biographies, deep-dive guides for many key works, and intuitive browsing features. The app will be available for all iPhone models running iOS 15.4 or later, and an Android version is coming soon. Be sure to follow Apple Music Classical on Twitter @appleclassical for news and updates.
0. “Apple Music launches a new standalone app for classical music” Gramophone, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.gramophone.co.uk/classical-music-news/article/apple-music-launches-a-new-standalone-app-for-classical-music
1. “Apple Announces New Dedicated Classical Music App With Spatial Audio” Lifewire, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.lifewire.com/apple-announces-new-dedicated-classical-music-app-with-spatial-audio-7253064
2. “Apple Music Classical will launch on March 28 with ‘world's largest' catalog” Macworld, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.macworld.com/article/1568189/apple-music-classical-app-store-iphone-free-march-28.html
3. “Users can now preorder Apple's dedicated app for classical music, Apple Music Classical” Neowin, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.neowin.net/news/users-can-now-preorder-apples-dedicated-app-for-classical-music-apple-music-classical/
4. “Millions of iPhones are getting huge free perk this month – Apple reveals surprise upgrade…” The US Sun, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.the-sun.com/tech/7588735/apple-music-classical-iphone-app
5. “Apple Music Classical Is Officially Set to Launch On March 28th” Digital Music News, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2023/03/09/apple-music-classical-launch
6. “Apple Music Classical: 15 Things You Need to Know About the New App” MacRumors, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.macrumors.com/2023/03/09/apple-music-classical-15-things-you-need-to-know/
7. “Apple Music Classical to Debut This Month” TidBITS, 9 Mar. 2023, https://tidbits.com/2023/03/09/apple-music-classical-to-debut-this-month
8. “Apple Music Classical launching on March 28, here's a first look” 9to5Mac, 9 Mar. 2023, https://9to5mac.com/2023/03/09/apple-music-classical-release-date/
9. “Apple launches Apple Music Classical app” AppleInsider, 9 Mar. 2023, https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/03/09/apple-launches-apple-music-classical-app
10. “Apple unveils classical-music streaming app for Music subscribers (NASDAQ:AAPL)” Seeking Alpha, 9 Mar. 2023, https://seekingalpha.com/news/3946016-apple-unveils-classical-music-streaming-app-for-music-subscribers
11. “Apple Announces New Apple Music Classical App” Broadway World, 9 Mar. 2023, https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Apple-Announces-New-Apple-Music-Classical-App-20230309