Countdown to Diablo 4: Early Access Weekend Begins March 17th
The highly anticipated Diablo 4 is closer than ever and fans are getting ready for the early access beta which begins on March 17th at 9 a.m. PT (12 p.m. ET). This early access weekend is only available to those who have preordered the game or have received a beta code. An open beta will be available to everyone else, starting next Friday, March 24th at 9 a.m. PT and ending on March 27th at 12 p.m.  Players can level up their characters to level 25, explore the game’s first act, The Fractured Peaks, and earn exclusive rewards that will be available in the full game at launch.
Unfortunately, players have reported long queue times and disconnect issues. Blizzard has acknowledged these issues and confirmed that the team is working to fix them. They are managing the rate of players entering the game until a full fix for the connection issues can be implemented.
The Diablo 4 team is also working to improve the game, as there are still some bugs and graphical problems with certain cutscenes. Players should expect a smoother experience in the open beta weekend.
Players can choose from five classes: Barbarian, Necromancer, Rogue, Sorceress, and Druid. Each class has its own set of skills and abilities, and players should choose wisely as they can only select one character class. Rogues, for example, thrive on having distinct goals when it comes to combat and can attack enemies from afar with bows or up close with daggers.
Blizzard has confirmed full Diablo 4 crossplay support from day one. Players on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X, and Xbox One will be able to join forces, form parties, and battle each other without any restrictions.
To take advantage of crossplay and cross-progression, gamers will need to link their consoles and PC to their Battle.net account. Players also need to log in to their Battle.net account to download the beta.
When playing the beta, players should keep in mind that their progress won’t carry over to the full game at launch.
0. “How to play Diablo 4 Early Access Open Beta without prepurchase” ClutchPoints, 17 Mar. 2023, https://clutchpoints.com/how-to-play-diablo-4-open-beta-early-access-without-pre-purchase
1. “How to Join the Diablo 4 Beta” CNET, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/how-to-join-the-diablo-4-beta/
2. “Here’s The Exact Time The ‘Diablo IV’ Beta Starts And Everything You Need To Know” Forbes, 15 Mar. 2023, https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2023/03/15/heres-the-exact-time-the-diablo-iv-beta-starts-and-everything-you-need-to-know/
3. “Diablo 4 Open Beta Dates, Queues, Early Access, And How To Get Into Beta” GameSpot, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.gamespot.com/articles/diablo-4-open-beta-dates-queues-early-access-and-how-to-get-into-beta/1100-6511672/
4. “Blizzard is working to shorten Diablo IV beta queue times” Engadget, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.engadget.com/blizzard-is-working-to-shorten-diablo-iv-beta-queue-times-180535837.html
5. “Diablo 4's Beta Is Crashing!” The Nerd Stash, 18 Mar. 2023, https://thenerdstash.com/diablo-4s-beta-is-crashing
6. “Diablo 4 beta early access unlock time” GGRecon, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.ggrecon.com/guides/diablo-4-beta-early-access-unlock-time
7. “Diablo 4 class mechanics explained” PC Gamer, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-4-class-mechanics
8. “Diablo 4 release date, open beta, and everything we know” Gamesradar, 17 Mar. 2023, https://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-4-guide/
9. “Diablo 4 Beta: Crossplay Multiplayer Explained” Den of Geek, 16 Mar. 2023, https://www.denofgeek.com/games/diablo-4-beta-crossplay-multiplayer-explained/